We are currently CLOSED to submissions.
For updates on when we’re accepting submissions, please follow us on Twitter.
We seek submissions (up to 1,500 words), primarily from active members of 51 Writers, on topics of interest to our community. If you’d like to send us something amazing but you’re allergic to Twitter hashtags, we might still publish it.
• Book reviews of work that features strong female characters. Please disclose any ties you have to the book or its author in the text of your review.
• Interviews with authors who write strong female characters.
• Craft essays about writing, publishing, resources for writers, or writing life.
• Creative work featuring strong female characters. We welcome flash fiction, poetry, and excepts from longer works that can stand alone.
• Blog posts that you’ve also posted to your own blog. If you’re writing on a topic of interest to other 51 Writers (see above), we’re happy to signal-boost and share!
By submitting, you warrant that you hold copyrights to the work you are sending, you take responsibility for any consequences if you send us something you don’t own, and you grant 51 Writers a nonexclusive right to archive your work at this website.
Please submit no more than one blog post per calendar month. We are not able to reply to all submissions, but if you are an active member of 51 Writers, we intend to reply.
If you’re an active member of 51 Writers and haven’t received a reply within a month, please query us using this contact form. Be sure to include your Twitter handle.
We reserve the right to reject any submission. If we receive more than one submission from you within a calendar month, all your submissions may be rejected unread.
We can barely stand to edit our own writing; please spell-check and grammar-check before submitting. By submitting, you agree that we may lightly copy-edit your work to remove typos and other obvious errors. We will not make any substantial changes without your approval.
We are not able to publish erotica or graphic violence, but we welcome less explicit submissions from our erotica and horror writers.
Ready to submit?
Send your email to 51writersgroup [at] gmail [dot] com with the subject line “SUBMISSION [your name] [submission title].”
In the body of your email, please include:
• Your name, as you would like it to appear if published
• Your Twitter handle (so we can recognize 51 Writers)
• A brief, third-person bio (50-100 words) with a website link if you’d like
• Please paste the full text of your submission in the body of the email
Email attachments will not be opened, and incomplete submissions may be rejected unread.